Listen To The Episode Now:
Oh boy, here it goes. This is real, this is me. I have been juggling many emotions this year and I am finally in a space where I feel I can share in hopes to help others reflect on where they are at right now in their lives. In this episode, I share my experience with burnout and finally quitting my job.
For those who have never experienced this or don’t know what burnout is, burnout is a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress. It occurs when you feel overwhelmed, emotionally drained, and unable to meet constant demands. As the stress continues, you begin to lose interest and motivation that led you to take on a certain role in the first place.
Here are some signs & symptoms of burnout
Physical signs and symptoms of burnout
- Feeling tired and drained most of the time
- Lowered immunity, frequent illnesses
- Frequent headaches or muscle pain
- Change in appetite or sleep habits
Emotional signs and symptoms of burnout
- Sense of failure and self-doubt
- Feeling helpess, trapped, and defated
- Detachment, feeling alone in the world
- Loss of motivation
- Increasingly cynical and negative outlook
- Decreased satisfaction and sense of accommplishent
Behavioral signs and symptoms of burnout
- Withdrawing from responsibiiltes
- Isolating yourself from others
- Procrastinating, taking longer to get things done
- Using food, drugs, or alcohol to cope
- Taking out your frustrations on ot hers
- Skipping work or coming in late and leaving early.
Does this sound familiar? You don’t have to walk through this alone. If you want to do something about these feelings and have someone help you regain the hope you have lost! I got you!
Want to work with me? If you’re in the Dallas/Ft Worth Area I am accepting NEW therapy clients! Just simply contact me here.
If you just want general tips and want to check out what I am up to follow me on social media:
- Follow Me on Instagram,
- If you liked this episode, make sure to subscribe, rate & review on Itunes here.
- No Itunes? No problem, you can subscribe/follow the podcast on Spotify.
**This post may contain affiliate links, if so I may earn a commission when you make a purchase through links on my site at no additional cost to you.**